»

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A little imagination and a Thanksgiving Table

Last night, I stumbled across an amazing candelabra from West Elm.  After being properly introduced to my new love, I immediately began imagining it in the center of my dining room table!  So in honor of the upcoming "Day of Thanks' and, of course. the inspiration of today's post, the candelabra, I decided it might be fun to create my on Thanksgiving table!

Imaginations are necessary for today folks. So lets begin! Working from the center of the table out...............

To create my Thanksgiving table, I decided to begin with the table runner.  Since we can all make table runners, I just borrowed my idea from Pottery Barn. Thanks PB!

So to start, lets just use a white table runner from Target and stain it with tea to get a beige appearance and then create a burlap table runner slightly smaller in width as an accent overlay. 
(image via Pottery Barn)

Next, (drum roll please..............) the candelabra! Yeah, I know! It is pretty incredible! So, lets just add that on top of our table runner.

(image via West Elm)

Moving right along. 

Lets now place some fresh autumn flowers around/through/under/above (any place a mouse can go .... how is that for a literary reference!) the candelabra.  Imagine these flowers spread the length of the table perfectly placed around the branches of the centerpiece! Imagine Roses, Tiger lilies, Calla lilies, Gaillardia and of course some twigs!  Imagine wonderful burnt orange and red hues!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

To finish the centerpiece, lets sprinkle all the bare spots with tea lights!


Now ..... the place settings.  I really try to follow the rules of Emily Post when setting a table. However, I hate putting the salad plate to the left of the fork.  This hatred could be caused by space restrictions on our dinner table or it could simply be due to the fact that I personally think a the salad plate should sit directly on the dinner plate. Sorry Emily.............
Photobucket
First, the twine charger.......

(image via Pier One)

Then ole faithful, Pottery Barn's Great White Traditional Dinnerware..............
 
(image via Pottery Barn)

Next, lets go ahead and top off each dinner plate with a decorative salad plate. In white, please................

(image via Pottery Barn)

Then a touch of Tuscan print napkins..................

(image via Pottery Barn)

accented with homemade napkin rings........................

(image via The Mother Huddle)


and finished off with fun place cards for our guest!

Photobucket

Photobucket
(images via Timeless Paper)

Thanks for imagining with me!

0 Comments: